Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Recap

Friday we enjoyed a late dinner trip to Bob's Big Gas Subs & Pub where I had the Left Turn at Albeturkey. If you have not yet ate dinner, stop what you are doing and go get this. It was amazing. Turkey with pepper jack cheese, pico de gallo, lettuce, black bean spread, and guacamole! Again, something I wouldn't have ate two years ago. But I think I found my usual order at Bob's. I also had an Amber Ale from Carolina Brewery and a Vanilla Porter, which wasn't as creamy as I like my porter but the hint of vanilla was a treat. 


Saturday was pretty lazy although I did clean out my closet. Today, however, we managed to make it out to the Greek Festival!






We both had chicken souvlaki and the tzatziki sauce was SO GOOD. Luckily the rain held off while we were there, so we meandered about the place as neither of us had been before. The music was entertaining and the food delicious. A cute trio of women made us some Greek coffee, which was very strong and had a hint of cocoa which we obviously drank as we ate our baklava. How can you go to a Greek Festival and not have baklava? 

Now I will continue to bask on the patio with some wine until bugs or chill drive me inside. Our plants are flourishing and we even see some veggies starting to grow. I can't wait to start eating them!




No comments:

Post a Comment